Sunday, August 21, 2011

back to school prayer, from momma bear..

God,
Tomorrow starts the next step on this new journey in my life.  A new chapter in this novel that you call my life.  The one that you are continuously writing.  I just thank you for making the promise to keep yourself in the story; and pray for the strength to allow you to continue to be the author of my book.  As much as I like to write, I know you are a far better author than I will ever be, and I know you will write me a much better ending than I could ever write myself. 

Thanks for giving me the courange to step out in faith in a way that I have never done before.  I pray you consistently replenish that courage, as I tend to lack the ability to make my own.  I just hope and pray that in all that I do, your grace and love shine through.  I know now that I will stumble from time to time, and I know this world will make me doubt and question things that I shouldn't.  But in advance, I thank you for your gift of forgiveness. 

May I always remember why I decided to take this path, and maintain perspective as to why I chose the career that I am currently pursuing-to love those who seem 'unlovable'.  To bring a bit of light in a world that tends to get a little dark, where people often get lost; and show them that someone does really care and understand as you and I share some light to guide them back out of that dark place...  Thank you, Lord for hearing my request and for all the ups and downs in life, as they are part of the path that leads me to you. 

In Jesus Christ's beautiful name, Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment