Thursday, September 22, 2011

here homework, there homework, everywhere homework...

i see its been a while since my last post. school has kept me busy, as well as house and children (and children includes the husband!)  so far school has been great, but only two tests so far and a couple minor projects.  been busy keeping up with the kids school work.  is it just me, or does block scheduling make it a little harder to keep up with what classes they have when, and whats due on what day?  on the plus side, it gives them two days to do their homework.  the bad side is knowing which two days the have to do said homework.  Oh well, its still pretty new and im sure we will get used to it.  already beginning work on my teen bear's science project.  momma bear isnt quite the physical science guru.  that would be why my major is in the social sciences.  so, the science project is going to be one of the social science nature.  but, the teacher loves the idea and its something my daughter can do most of the work on!  which is great, because i dont do kids science projects for them.  the last time i did a science project, it resulted in a huge orange mess, the ruining of 5 other projects around me at the science fair, and one pissed off teacher handing me a D the following monday morning when handing me back my report.  needless to say, i didnt win any ribbons.  i tried to do it "does the color of the tootsie roll pop make a difference in how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center?" but apparently that wasnt scientific enough.  thats what they get!  the next year, my project on how to make a rubber egg didnt quite work so well either.  apparently, you have to let the egg soak in a vinegar solution for alot longer than an hour.  not good when you drop the not-so-bouncy egg on the teachers foot during the demonstration, to find out that it didnt soak long enough.  wow.  it just occured to me-maybe the teen baby bear gets her destructive nature honestly... aww crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment