Friday, September 2, 2011

cha-cha-changes...

Ok so I wasnt really feeling the whole "domestic goddess" thing on my blog.  Mainly because-well-it sucked.  And, it really wasnt me.  I mean it WAS me, but... well you know what I mean.  Me? Domestic Goddess my ***! I am about as domesticated as most of our kids... ok, so maybe a little more domestic than that.  But something I-like many good moms out there-am really good at... being THE UNCOOL MOM.  You know, the one that wont let her daughter walk out the house looking like a hooker, the one who has no problem reading those thousands of text messages without warning, and the one who thinks that any boy who looks at her girls still has cooties-and tries to her angels about them.  To me, that is FAR more fun than blogging about converting from a working mom to a stay at home/college mom.  Dont get me wrong, those are descriptions of me too, but the boring ones. Just like being the blue-eyed mom, or the mom with a mole.  Really? Why THE UNCOOL MOM?  Because I am the one who sits at the table with my daughter who is struggling with math and laughs because I said "What's the problem?"  (hehe get it? whats the problem? its math?) And by the way, it IS possible to embarrass your teen within the comforts of your own home! And I am the one who picks her up from skating with her friends when i am wearing pj shorts, a tanktop, flip flops, frizzy hair and unshaven legs.  If I look neat, I will just have her come outside.  But when I am homely looking is when it becomes fun to walk into the skating rink to spy on her.  Hey, moms have to get their kicks somehow! Consider it payback for the multiple times they go in public with you with mix-matched neon socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment